Friday, August 30, 2013

Confessions

It has been a hard month with these two little ones. I knew it wouldn't be easy but I didn't expect it to be this hard. So I have a few confessions as a mom of two babies.
1. I have days were I seriously could leave my house and not come back.
2. I use the TV to distract Lilly-something I never said I would do
3. I have fallen asleep on the floor while playing with Lilly.
4. I go to Target and Costco at least once a week.
5. I go Target so much that I have driven there a few times out of habit when I was supposed to go somewhere else
6. Lilly has fallen through the screen door, played in the toilet, got wedged  in between furniture, got stuck under our bed, ate her diaper cream all while I have been feeding Oliver.
7. Oliver's pacifier is constantly in his mouth-another thing I never said I would do 

These two sweethearts sure keep my life busy. Though I have some really hard days I wouldn't trade this for anything. Nothing can prepare you for being a mom but nothing can make your life more full.
Oliver is 11 weeks today and is so full of smiles and giggles. He doesn't sleep that great and has some uncomfortable issues that Lilly had but each week he seems to get better. Lilly is almost 16 months. She is busy, enough said! And a lot of fun!

Baby dedication


This is all I get from Lilly. She doesn't sit still for longer than  a second for pictures anymore




2 comments:

  1. I read a phrase when I was having a hard time with the newborn phase that stuck with me, "The days are long, but the years are short." So true! I can only imagine how it must be with two little ones so close together. Isn't such a relief to know that Lilly won't remember any of those things? Hang in there, you're rocking it and your babes are beautiful! If you ever need a pal for those Target trips, shoot me a text!

    ReplyDelete